Ready To Discuss Your Needs?
Factory Acceptance Testing
HPI is available to perform on-site testing of equipment/materials at vendor locations. On most projects, time and schedule are critical to successful completion and on-site testing can help alleviate construction delays. HPI can travel to vendors and perform the necessary inspections/verifications prior to shipment.
With high purity piping projects, verification and documentation of the materials of construction (MOC) is critical to the successful installation and qualification of the client system. HPI’s procedures ensure the MOCs comply with project specifications, applicable industry codes, and the engineering design. At a minimum, HPI will perform and document the following inspections:
- Verification of MOC documentation including Material Test Reports and Certificates of Conformance.
- Visual and dimensional inspection of materials with product contacting surfaces
(Provided if requested by the client)
- Positive Material Identification (PMI) – Alloy verification is available utilizing XRF to certify the correct grade of material is being installed. This service is most helpful when various grades of material are being installed on a project.
Weld Process Verification
HPI will evaluate orbital and manual GTAW Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and Performance Qualification Records (PQR) for conformance to ASME Section IX and/or ASME Bio Processing Equipment standard as required by the project specifications and engineering. Additionally, HPI can review and/or conduct Welder Performance Qualifications (WPQ), if required.
Welding Inspection and Installation Verification
HPI’s Inspectors will be certified AWS QC-1 Certified Welding Inspectors or in accordance with ASNT SNT-TC-1A in the Visual Testing method. Depending on the requirements of the project, HPI can offer a variety of services to ensure compliance.
- Inspections per ASME BPE, ASME 31.x, AWS D18.1, and client specifications
- Welding/Shielding Gas verification
- Weld Coupon verification
- Welding and Fabrication surveillance
- Verification of material installed, including surface finish and heat number confirmation
- Visual inspection of OD and ID weld profiles to ensure compliance to applicable codes, standards, and specifications through both direct visual and remote, borescopic inspections
- Contracting and coordination of additional Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) testing (if required)
- Verification of hanger placement and slope inspection
- Pressure Test witnessing
Documentation Audit and Commissioning
HPI understands that documentation is critical to the commissioning of high purity projects and maintaining and auditing the Turn Over Package is key to success. HPI will monitor and audit ISO drawings and weld logs to ensure all necessary data is accurately captured and correctly documented. A final audit will be performed at the completion of the project prior to turnover and HPI will provide support throughout the commissioning process.
All inspection equipment is calibrated in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and documented for inclusion in the final Turn Over Package. Calibrated inspection equipment is maintained to OEM specifications and sent out for annual re-calibration as required. Certifications available upon request.